At some point either your or the agent will need to determine the viability of a potential buyer. Identifying whether a potential buyer will be purchasing your home or not, depends on several factors:
- The buyer’s debt and credit history
- The buyer’s current income and employment
- The buyer’s cash position and availability of a down payment
- The length of time the buyer needs before closing on your home
- How interested the buyer appears to be in your home versus other homes
Don’t underestimate the time that it takes to deal with each potential buyer. Having the skill to determine if a person is serious and able to purchase your home can save you a lot of time and headaches.